Not Dead Yet

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Not Dead Yet

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I spent months remodeling two bathrooms in my home. They were done and beautiful for about a year. my Master bath was a wreck so I demoed it out preparing to remodel it. Then the only thing I didnt do myself in the upstairs kids bath which was plumbing started leaking and went to the bottom story through my other remodeled bathroom. So had to demo out most of both. Currently have no shower in the house at all and one working toilet downstairs. Now I'm trying to do three bathrooms myself all while working full time and managing family. Fun fun!
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Not Dead Yet

Post by Jimr »

Being handy can be a curse. I spent years raising a family, working full time (10 hour days) and working nights and weekends as a handyman. Raising kids one income ain't easy in most parts of this state.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.