Giant Sequoias and the 2020 fire season

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Giant Sequoias and the 2020 fire season

Post by maverick »

Stay on subject please, off topic posts will/have been deleted.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rscofield
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by rscofield »

BLM's Case Mountain grove above Three Rivers is safe- for now.
rtd4379
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by rtd4379 »

My father in law was up in Garfield Grove working fire lines up until a few weeks ago. Outside of some special precautions taken around Floyd Otter and King Arthur, he said they planned to let it burn through as it appeared it would move through the grove as a fire should - low and cool.

Last I was at Garfield, it seemed it could use it too. The dead underbrush was starting to really pile up in areas.
milkfish
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by milkfish »