Sierra wave

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
mort
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sierra wave

Post by mort »

Nice image today over Yosemite.
sentinel.jpg
Back in the day, those lenticular clouds were where alien space craft hid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Sierra wave

Post by rlown »

How do you know for sure they don't? :paranoid:
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by TahoeJeff »

mort wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:01 pm those lenticular clouds were where alien space craft hid.
We call those "Mothership Clouds" here in Tahoe.
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Lumbergh21 »

I have (or, I guess I should say "had", since I can't find it now) a pic of Mt. Shasta from the PCT near Castle Crags that looked suspiciously like a space craft, like two flying saucers, one stacked on top of the other hovering just above the peak.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Post by bobby49 »

Those were probably the lenticular clouds that are often seen around or over Mount Shasta. To some people, they look like flying saucers, and that lends credence to the beliefs of the lemurian cult that exists there.