Thanks all who contribute to HST map

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Thanks all who contribute to HST map

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I am probably late to the game to figure out how to utilize our HST map. I clicked on the passes, then clicked for more "information" which sent me directly to the pass description. I did a "screen shot" on several route descriptions of cross country passes, then loaded it into Photoshop, cropped off the sections I wanted, and printed them out for my upcoming trip. In practice, one could make their own Sierra guidebook by printing what you want! You can also crop and edit when you do the screen shot, but I prefer Photoshop.

Anyway I want to thank the moderators for making this feature of our forum and all who contribute.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Thanks all who contribute to HST map

Post by c9h13no3 »

That map is pretty much the reason I'm here. The route information is well curated and easy to sift through.

I got a lot out of it, and wanted to contribute.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Thanks all who contribute to HST map

Post by cgundersen »

Hi Daisy,
Yep, when Greg got that up and running, it was (still is) a fabulous resource. Then, Rogue and AlpineMike and others started archiving vast troves of helpful info, and here we are, still benefitting from their efforts. I'll second your thanks! Cameron