Florence / Edison Dispersed Camping

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
BESON
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Florence / Edison Dispersed Camping

Post by BESON »

I'm hoping to head out tent camping with my young daughter the week after this week and was thinking about the Florence and Edison lakes area. I'm familiar with the area, but I haven't been back up there since the creek fire. Looking at the fire overlay maps on caltopo, it seems that some of the established sites (e.g., portal forbay) were spared, but it looks like most spots along the road where there'd been possibilities for dispersed camping have been burnt. For those that have been up that way, can you comment on what sort of dispersed camping options there might be in the wake of the creek fire? I'd probably have interest in camping somewhere near the Florence/Edison split on the Kaiser pass road.
Brian
tomba
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Florence / Edison Dispersed Camping

Post by tomba »

I was there last weekend. I saw some places where, I think, one could camp, but I wasn't paying too much attention to that.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.