Mammoth Mt is off and running! Off to an amazing ski season…

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Mammoth Mt is off and running! Off to an amazing ski season…

Post by Hobbes »

I don't recall when I've seen Howard this excited: http://mammothweather.com/
What a Storm! 20 inches at the Main Lodge….26 inches at McCoy Station and 36 inches on Top…..That’s’ about 2 Feet of Platinum Powder at the Summit on Top of what the WX Front droped!
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2015
Posted at 7:21 am by Howard
Mammoth Mt is off and running! Off to an amazing ski season…..!!

WX Discussion:

First Platinum Powder Alert in the bag now and for the most part, the storm over Mono County is over. A few snow showers are possible today as the upper low and cold core shift east. A warming trend begins Wednesday as heights rise and the upper flow becomes northwesterly. High temps today are expected to be in the upper 20s and low 30s at 8K rising to the low 50s next weekend. The next system may bring light snowfall Sunday night into Monday, however there is not a lot of confidence in the system as of this time…

- See more at: http://mammothweather.com/#sthash.3auzHtDO.dpuf
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Mammoth Mt is off and running! Off to an amazing ski sea

Post by TahoeJeff »

amazing ski season
Let's hope Winter keeps on keeping on.....,
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

Yes, a good start...here in Mammoth!
BTW, just finished shoveling out the stairs...forgot how much fun that chore is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mountainman who swims with trout
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Wow, nice change from September when we came by for a visit Mark. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

After last weekends storms more resorts are open or getting ready to before the T holiday. Put in for a day of PTO for tomorrow Wednesday at my workplace yesterday. So will be grabbing the Twisters and heading up to Kirkwood dawn tomorrow, get the season pass printed out, and start cranking some turns. Then likely go up again maybe Sunday as it takes a few days for the old body to find itself. Then next week before T-day is looking like another cold storm will come in.