Placement of Missing Person/SAR threads

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
chulavista
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Placement of Missing Person/SAR threads

Post by chulavista »

Just a suggestion related to the SAR threads. Most people aren't going to randomly browse the missing person alerts board, so it would be helpful if a link is posted on the backpacking, peak bagging, and fishing boards to let us know one is in progress.

I used to find out about an in-progress SAR from this site, but now I hear about it from other sources since the new board was created.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Placement of Missing Person/SAR threads

Post by ERIC »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking into some form of an alert notification at the top of the page of the site to point people to active SAR threads.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
rayfound
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Placement of Missing Person/SAR threads

Post by rayfound »

As a tip, one can always view the "View Active Topics" link to skip over all the divisions.

search.php?search_id=active_topics