Orange County Meet & Greet?

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
Ska-T
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Orange County Meet & Greet?

Post by Ska-T »

Anyone have any interest in getting together in May or June somewhere in the OC to chew the fat, share your trip plans, and show off your gear? Who knows, you may discover a hiking partner.

Functional meeting spots that I know of are Central Park (Huntington Beach) and Mile Square Park (Fountain Valley). The former has ample free parking and both have large grass areas for setting up your latest Cuben Fiber tarp. However, the most central cities are Santa Ana, Tustin, and Irvine so if you know of a location that works let me know.

If you are interested reply to this topic or send me a PM with your available dates. You don't have to live in OC to attend.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Re: Orange County Meet & Greet?

Post by sekihiker »

Sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to details.
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by overheadx2 »

I live walking distance to HB central park so that works for me. I Just picked up a Six moon design 24 oz one man tent that I am pretty excited about. I wouldn't mind seeing a quilt if some one wouldn't mind showing up with one of those. I'm gone a lot, so hopefully it works for me. Phil
Irietrav
Topix Newbie

Post by Irietrav »

Hey I know this is alittle late here but I've been trying to find hiking buddy's in the oc for awhile now. Anyone here still looking for hiking parents