Tioga Snow plow 6/6

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
KevinDo
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Tioga Snow plow 6/6

Post by KevinDo »

http://sierranewsonline.com/snow-plows- ... -yosemite/

West and east-bound crews have finally met up at Tioga Pass! Should we start wagering on when it'll finally be opened? I say July 1! (optimistic)
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Tioga Snow plow 6/6

Post by rlown »

Markskor reported that. What does an open road mean if you have that much snow on the ground? Other than commerce. and access from the East.
AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

It means hopeful tourists in shorts who are baking in the valley floor will drive up there and stand there scratching their heads. Someone asked me if the pictures of all the snow were real, because he was looking on NOAA and Yosemite Valley forecast was for 87F.

It will also mean people in flip flops determined to hike to places following boot tracks of more prepared people - just like it did over Memorial Day at Huntington Lake, when we saw the 200+ people trying to hike through snowdrifts to Rancheria Falls that way.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I've seen it.. way funny..
KevinDo
Topix Acquainted

Post by KevinDo »

rlown wrote:Markskor reported that. What does an open road mean if you have that much snow on the ground? Other than commerce. and access from the East.
I probably won't go into the park anytime soon but I do enjoy strolling around the 20 lakes area right outside the gate. Beautiful area with snow / slush!