Any update on R. J. Secor?

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Phil R
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Any update on R. J. Secor?

Post by Phil R »

It has been over two years since R. J. Secor had his accident and head injury near Mt. Baldy. I haven't heard anything in two years. Anyone have an update?
People are friendly at 6000 ft...and the higher you go, the friendlier they get.
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

Saw him at the Peter Croft slide show at Grifith Park several months back. He was walking, talking, looked fine.
Phil R
Topix Acquainted

Post by Phil R »

Sounds like good news! Thanks!
People are friendly at 6000 ft...and the higher you go, the friendlier they get.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ndpanda
Topix Acquainted

Re: Any update on R. J. Secor?

Post by ndpanda »

Dan Richter of the Sierra Club Advanced Mountaineering Program has posted on Facebook that RJ died on Oct. 26.

RIP. He had a real passion for the Sierra and his guidebooks are a legacy that will endure for generations.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Dan Richter (Secor's Friend) posted on FB:
RIP R. J. Secor October 26, 2017. Belay off, old friend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org