Got snow?

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Got snow?

Post by oldranger »

Winter has finally arrived in Oregon. Not the prodigious amounts of last year but more late February snow than I can remember. Cold, light powder!
Dan .jpg
We were skiing to Todd Lake hoping for a view of Broken Top but by the time we got there it clouded up, then began snowing again--high temp about 20 degrees. Topped it off with a great barrel aged Imperial Stout from Riverbend Brewing. Its terrible when conditions are so nasty that I have to give up fishing and go skiing instead! :-({|=
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Got snow?

Post by TahoeJeff »

I'm supper jealous, as there is still only 2"-3" inches on the ground at my house at 6400'. But there is a series of storms forecast for next week...
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

TahoeJeff wrote:I'm supper jealous, as there is still only 2"-3" inches on the ground at my house at 6400'. But there is a series of storms forecast for next week...
We are getting them now! 2 feet more by tomorrow at Bachelor.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by TahoeJeff »

You're killing me here
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by dave54 »

Used the snow blower for the first time this season. Only a couple inches in the yard but the berm in the driveway was almost a foot high, so I opted for the noisy machine instead of a shovel.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Did get about 2 feet more this weekend at Bachelor. This pic is from Meissner Snowpark a few miles down the road from Mt. B. South Sister is behind the tree and Broken Top is directly above me. Looks like Tahoe is finally getting some snow, Jeff!
Mike