Lake Billy Chinook Bull Trout.

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Lake Billy Chinook Bull Trout.

Post by oldranger »

1 bull.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Re: Lake Billy Chinook Bull Trout.

Post by gary c. »

Sweet fish for sure!! Look at the smile it put on your face.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

WOW Mike, great fish! Retirement is treating you well!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Hey, Mike. I'm surprised the boat still floats with all the gear on it!

Nice fish!

Did you get that new kicker yet?
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

rlown wrote:Hey, Mike. I'm surprised the boat still floats with all the gear on it!

Nice fish!

Did you get that new kicker yet?
The weight is becomming an issue! No new kicker, yet, but that will add another 20 lbs to the stern because I'll be getting electric start, power tilt plus extra long shaft. Current long shaft that came with the boat is really too short which is ok for trolling but creates problem if needed for backup motor. Only options to reduce weight is to replace vinyl covered plywood floors with lighter material or to pay big bucks for lithium batteries. Another option is to just go solo rather than the 200+ pounders that usually go fishing with me. Since purchasing the boat I have added close to 200 lbs to the boat with the bow mount, gps controlled electric trolling motor; an additional electric down rigger; and a larger starter battery (that not only starts the big motor but powers the down riggers). By the time I'm done there will be no inheritance for my kids!
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

you haven't lived until you've been on SF bay and watching the fiberglass floor flex as you drive the boat. We ripped out the seats as the plywood got old. 59' wizard. And that Submarine came through and we had to pull anchor really fast when the coast guard told us to move. A pretty sub though.

Kids probably have a plan w/o your inheritance. :)
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

How many pounds was that monster Mike? It looks thick and meaty!
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

25" 7.5 lbs. Getting smoked tomorrow.
Mike

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Getting smoked tomorrow.
:yummy:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
limpingcrab
Topix Regular

Post by limpingcrab »

Beautiful fish!

Thanks for sharing to get us all excited for fishing season!