Tioga Pass opening date

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Tioga Pass opening date

Post by markskor »

Do not know the exact opening date for the pass but...
Just received my official Tuolumne Meadows store update...the tentative TM store opening is now slated for May 25th! :nod:
Mountainman who swims with trout
oldhikerQ
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Tioga Pass opening date

Post by oldhikerQ »

That's good news.
You sure posted that early. :)
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Tioga Pass to open Monday.
Mountainman who swims with trout
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Thanks for your insider info Mark. Since I will be passing through on SR120 more often these retired days, will make a point of stopping by at the store this summer. Just spent 5 days working Mono Lake Basin and will return soon when the stormy weather fades.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Yosemite NP:
Tioga Road (continuation of Highway 120 through the park) will open on Monday, May 21, at 9 am! With stormy weather in the forecast, short-term road closures may be possible. Drive cautiously, watching for water, debris, and wildlife along the road. Call 209/372-0200 (then 1,1) to check current road conditions.

No services or campgrounds are yet available along the road, however, the wilderness center will open on Monday, and will also serve as a temporary visitor center.

Many of the hiking trails at higher elevations remain wet and/or snowy: please remain on trails, even if they have standing water, in order to avoid creating new trails.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org