HST downtime - Missing Posts

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

HST downtime - Missing Posts

Post by copeg »

In the process of some maintenance on the back-end of HST, I touched the main database which caused HST to go down. I've repaired (partly) the issue, but some posts made since yesterday morning may have vanished (also includes any users who have registered, private messages sent, forum watches started, etc...). The post data is still available, but its not trivial to merge back into the database - working on a fix.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and take full responsibility for this brain fart. Am working hard to get fixes in place
Last edited by copeg on Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change post type to normal (from announce)
Harlen
Topix Addict

Re: HST downtime - Missing Posts

Post by Harlen »

copeg writes:
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and take full responsibility...
Copeg, you've done so much more good than harm for HST that you'd have to shut it down for a week to warrant an apology. Thanks for all you admin guys do keeping HST in such fine tune.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
mrphil
Topix Regular

Post by mrphil »

No worries at all.Thanks for the clarification. Haven't been here too long, so just wanted to make sure there weren't any issues on my end.

Phil
copeg

Post by copeg »

Thanks for understanding!

I believe almost all missing posts have been rescued and are now back up (although their post dates are off by a day or so). I also had to rectify them as best I could to get them cleanly uploaded, both in content (in rare cases had to strip out some formatting) and with the forum changes since the original mishap (in rare cases some threads were merged or split).

Please post here if anything appears amiss.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I believe almost all missing posts have been rescued and are now back up (although their post dates are off by a day or so). I also had to rectify them as best I could to get them cleanly uploaded, both in content (in rare cases had to strip out some formatting) and with the forum changes since the original mishap (in rare cases some threads were merged or split).
Thanks for getting on it so quickly! :thumbsup:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org