Canceling Emigrant for Enchanted Valley WA

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Canceling Emigrant for Enchanted Valley WA

Post by MountainMinstrel »

My Brother was going to come down from Tacoma to spend 7 days exploring Hoover/Yosemite/Emigrant the first week in September. We have decided to bail on that and instead go north and do Enchanted Valley/Anderson Glacier. All of my backpacking has been in the Sierra Nevada. Any thoughts on what I should change or add to deal with the different environment and weather?
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
oldranger
Topix Addict

Re: Canceling Emigrant for Enchanted Valley WA

Post by oldranger »

Weather could be great or Rainey. I would definitely take a lightweight tarp to set up as cooking shelter. Make sure you pick up permit at first opportunity as last time at Olympics locations for getting permits were quite limited.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by bobby49 »

In Washington, if you can stay 100% dry, you can stay very comfortable. Once you get wet from rain, sweat, fall in the stream, or anything else, things get bad.
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert

Thanks for the replies. The trail we're taking does not have a quota, we just sign up at the trailhead. so far no rain in the forecast, but we are still two weeks out so who knows. I'm taking my poncho and if the forecast changes a rain jacket as well. I always put my sleeping bag and clothes in a trash compactor bag so I will at least have dry clothes to sleep in.
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert

Just got home. Had a great trip and will be posting as report as soon as I get caught up on work. thanks again for all the advise.