Fall Color Storm Event

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Fall Color Storm Event

Post by maverick »

On 10/6, a good size storm came thru, dusting the aspens and laying a nice foundation on the higher peaks.

Had scoped this aspen grove out earlier the day before, hoping to go back the next morning to catch some of the dark storm clouds in the background as the storm cleared.

With the peaks receiving a fresh dusting of the new snow, some soft morning light illuminating some of the peaks in the background, and some of those rays hitting the aspen grove at the right angle, giving them a beautiful Fall glow, which brought this piece together making it one of my special pieces in this Fall collection. :nod:

With Christmas coming up, please consider purchasing a piece of the Sierra for you home, office, or cabin, from one of our hard working HST professional artist this year. :)

Make sure to click on photo once to enlarge.
Enjoy:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
wildhiker
Topix Fanatic

Re: Fall Color Storm Event

Post by wildhiker »

An amazing photo, especially the lightning strike in the middle of the day! Thanks for posting.
-Phil
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by The Other Tom »

Excellent job capturing the lightning!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you Wildhiker and The Other Tom. :)

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

Your lightening photos always amaze me. The fall colors are a wonderful bonus. Do you use a remote and/or multiple exposures (like sports photographers) to capture the lightening and pick the best one?
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Do you use a remote and/or multiple exposures (like sports photographers) to capture the lightening and pick the best one?
Use both methods, but really like the Lightning Trigger IV. :)

ironmike
Topix Regular

Post by ironmike »

Don’t take this personally but is that really a natural (instantaneous) photo, as opposed to a composite? Kind of mystified as to the lightning lighting versus the illumination on the aspens.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Don’t take this personally but is that really a natural (instantaneous) photo, as opposed to a composite? Kind of mystified as to the lightning lighting versus the illumination on the aspens.
I don't.
Mother nature works the way she does, have seen some very weird occurences over the decades, lighting that I could not find definite explanations for, so I except and marvel at her beauty, and except it for what it is, and do not personally need the answers to it. :)

ironmike
Topix Regular

Post by ironmike »

=D> And I marvel at your skills and artistry, Mav. That is one amazing mystical moment
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by The Other Tom »

I assume this was a time exposure and you were able to capture the lightning?