Attachments issue

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Attachments issue

Post by rlown »

https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2019/05/ ... ive-trout/

Tried to attach the pic to my post in the fishing hole. Reduced the pic to ~845k, but the status showed nothing.
Give it a try and let me know what I did wrong.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Re: Attachments issue

Post by copeg »

Most likely issue is that the image is non-RGB (more specifically CMYK), so the back-end software was having issues resizing - the upload attachment shows a warning in these cases, but the warning icon was missing so you could not actually see it (just fixed this so the warning should show going forward).

Below is the image I believe you were referring to, converted to RGB and added as an attachment/placed inline
kern_river_rainbow_trout-1.jpg
kern_river_rainbow_trout-1.jpg (386.95 KiB) Viewed 8845 times
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Thank you..
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I have to laugh at the subject line, having recently read the childcare books regarding "attachment parenting" where they also talk about "attachment issues". :D

Anyway, I have another attachment problem. If you look at my most recent post on Kennedy Lake, thought I had deleted a photo, but it still shows up with an all-caps label at the top that says "ATTACHMENT". What did I do wrong and how do I get rid of this. It is a duplicate of a photo a few paragraphs up.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Wow, that's new. I'm not sure what's causing that. Looks like you posted everything correctly. Hmmm...
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
copeg

Post by copeg »

Any image that is not placed inline is automatically added to the end of the post.

In the Kennedy post you are referring to, there are 8 attachments and 8 images showing (7 placed inline, the remaining added to the end).

If you edit your post and click on the attachments tab, you will see that 'IMG_0275_edited-1.jpg' is listed twice, only one of which was placed inline. If you delete the one that was not placed inline (I believe this to be the first one listed top to bottom by that name) that trailing image should disappear.