Mt Rainier: Nisqually Chutes

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Mt Rainier: Nisqually Chutes

Post by c9h13no3 »

Did my first ski trip on AT gear this past April, through the Nisqually Chutes on Mt. Rainier. Was a pretty epic day, with friends, birthday champagne, and shredding corn snow. Down below 6K feet, the snow became terribly grabby, and we set off a D1 wet slab. Seems like I got the whole experience on my first trip.

Pretty easy first tour. There were about 40 others skinning up going at various paces. Was never crowded, but there were always other groups around humping their way up the Muir snowfield. We were the only group to peel off and ski the NIsqually descent.
Baker_and_Tatoosh.jpg
NisquallyChute.jpg
I would upload more pics, but for some reason the forum keeps turning them upside down :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Mt Rainier: Nisqually Chutes

Post by Harlen »

Well done, and Happy Birthday! You look nicely under control. Cheers. :thumbsup:
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Post one of the upside-down pics and ask Copeg why it flips in the Website Technical Problems forum. I'm guessing you are using an Apple product to post.

Nice TR..
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

rlown wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 am Post one of the upside-down pics and ask Copeg why it flips in the Website Technical Problems forum. I'm guessing you are using an Apple product to post.

Nice TR..
Hmm, seems to be working now... weird.

Wasn't my birthday, but I did turn 35 two months ago, so I'll take it.
Champagne.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.