7/4-7/7 South Lake - Bishop Pass - Mt Sill

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
gbrown09
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

7/4-7/7 South Lake - Bishop Pass - Mt Sill

Post by gbrown09 »

I have a permit for 4 entering South Lake on Fourth of July. The plan is to go over Bishop Pass, setup camp in Palisade Basin, then summit Mt Sill. Exiting either Saturday or Sunday. Right now it's just me and a buddy who is on the fence due to snow conditions. Looking for 2 (potentially 3) experienced mountaineers to join. Let me know if you are interested!
Kevin117
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 7/4-7/7 South Lake - Bishop Pass - Mt Sill

Post by Kevin117 »

Hey gbrown,

Planning on heading out that way next next weekend(the 13th). Do you have any info on the conditions out there? A friend and I were planning on going over bishop pass and camping in Dusy Basin. We don't mind snow camping but we'd hate to have to hike through 12" suncups that seem to be plaguing the rest of the sierras!