Maverick's 2019 Annual 7/25-7/26 HST Meet-up

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Maverick's 2019 Annual 7/25-7/26 HST Meet-up

Post by maverick »

I just got the dates cleared with my work, and so I'm planning to be at this year's meetup. Yay!
:thumbsup: Sound good, also considering a similar entry route, but a lot depends on the weather and wildflowers. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

So, who has not chimed in yet, but is attending or still considering it?
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

With the late snow this year, I am NOT attending because my other trips have been backed up into those dates. I hope everyone has a great meet-up. Maybe next year.
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular

Post by Dave_Ayers »

I'm planning to be there, coming in from Alta.
limpingcrab
Topix Regular

Post by limpingcrab »

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 7.19.06 PM.jpg
Hope it doesn't still look like this in that area in July!

Also, those lakes were already on the list I hope to do this Summer so maybe I can finally make one of the meetups!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by zacjust32 »

I can't make the Thursday/Friday, but if anyone is still gonna be in the area that weekend I will be heading that way.
Ashery
Topix Acquainted

Post by Ashery »

Slow to respond, but it looks like I'll be able to make the meetup again this year.

...Or at least try to, :p. Hopefully I don't wind up half a mile short again, heh.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

I feel compelled to say this. Remember folks, the meetup is a desire, not an end all, be all. There is still a lot of snow out there, so make safe decisions, even if it means you don't make it. We are looking at snowpack on a daily basis and Lisa and I will do what we feel is safe given the conditions. We have several options baked into our plans and all are up in the air depending on what we experience out there.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular

Post by Dave_Ayers »

Yeah, the NE side of Elizabeth Pass does look a bit daunting in Caltopo at present. Looks like a trip to bring the whippet pole or ice axe.
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

I am not making it I will somewhere around Ionian basin going out for 11 days starting next tuesday. I do want to go to that area someday!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein