TR: Sabrina Basin July 23-26

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: Sabrina Basin July 23-26

Post by kpeter »

davidsheridan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:21 pm Thanks for the great TR KPeter! So great you got to go up with your brother! Sounds like you got a great tour of the area in spite of the rain. (Blue/Baboon/Dingleberry/Sailor/Tospy Turvey/Pee Wee/+ more). I like the fact you guys went off trail to move around the various lake basins.

My wife and I had a similar trip last year where afternoon/evening rains that curtailed some of our most ambitious plans.

Thanks for posting beautiful pics, I particularly like the flowers in front Sailor Lake with Picture Peak in background.

Any more trips this summer? I am headed to Yosemite tomorrow. Wish me luck with crowds...
Thank you! That heather just happened to cooperate for a little color in the foreground.

Yes, I am off today to Maxon Trailhead, Red Mountain Basin and Bench Valley beginning tomorrow. Let's hope the skeets don't pick me up and drop me.

Good luck on your trip!
C-level
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: TR: Sabrina Basin July 23-26

Post by C-level »

Great report and pics KPeter. I've actually never been up sabrina basin but thinking that's a next. Usually go left or right either bishop pass or north lake to puite but never have traveled that area, not yet. Great info, thanks for sharing.