found: stuff-sack at Whitney trail crest 8/8/2019

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
telfordwork
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

found: stuff-sack at Whitney trail crest 8/8/2019

Post by telfordwork »

My Scout troop hiked Whitney on August 8. This green Big Agnes stuff sack was already at Trail Crest junction when we arrived, and it was still there as we left. None of the hikers left on the peak could have left it, since they all arrived at the crest after we did. So someone left it behind. Was it you? Email me with some description of the contents and I'll be happy to reunite you.
DSC03650.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Re: found: stuff-sack at Whitney trail crest 8/8/2019

Post by bobby49 »

There is no trail junction at Trail Crest.

The southernmost trail junction of the JMT is about 0.2 mile northwest of Trail Crest.
telfordwork
Topix Newbie

Post by telfordwork »

Thanks for the clarification. The stuff-sack was left at the junction where the JMT (on the way to Guitar Lake) meets Mount Whitney Trail (on the way to Whitney Portal) -- where backpackers often drop off their heavy gear to summit Whitney on their way through.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

Yep, that's mine. There was a large sum of cash, incriminating video evidence against the current president, and a scrap of paper with Kate Upton's phone number on it.

(Gotta try, right?)
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.