Markskor in Hospital

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
commonloon
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Markskor in Hospital

Post by commonloon »

Good to hear Mark! Stay strong!
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by The Other Tom »

Wow! Great new. Hang in there.
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Lumbergh21 »

Great to hear that the worst is over. Looking forward to see more of your posts on the site.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

That's awesome news Mark!
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Markskor:
Anyway, just learned that there is a real good chance I'll be back in Tuolumne meadows by July.

Lumbergh 21:
Great to hear that the worst is over.
gary c:
That's awesome news Mark!
We so happy for this news Mark--it looks like you have beaten this thing! You are one of the greatest attractions to this community Mark. We appreciate your tall tales, your fish stories (the same?); your role as the chief BS censor, and you are the most accessible of HST Administrators--happily trapped as you are in the Tuolumne store...well usually acesssible:
100_3070.jpg
Me and Frank: [On our December ski trip] wrote:
We knocked and knocked, and called out "Markskor!" but he wouldn't come out.
Apparently you are not accessible in the winter months, but we so hope you will be back in strength this summer Mark. You certainly appeared to be the strongest guy around when I had the pleasure of meeting you in the store last summer; never would have guessed you had some lurking disease. So here's hoping that you have rode it out in your fine style Mark. It is obvious that you have both great friends, and many admirers like us in this community; and we all know that you must be revered among your own family, and personal community too! So hang in there for all of us Mark, and for your own damn self-- you deserve the wonderful life you have carved out! Love from Ian and Lizzie, Ryan and Nathan.
224.jpg
ryan and nathan with fish.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Harlen on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Shoot, I miss a lot never venturing into the Campfire section of the forum. Glad it sounds like you're making a full recovery, Mark!
Dragonfly
Topix Acquainted

Post by Dragonfly »

SO glad to hear you've weathered all of this and the prognosis is good! Well done, Sir!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic

Post by kpeter »

windknot wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:52 pm Shoot, I miss a lot never venturing into the Campfire section of the forum. Glad it sounds like you're making a full recovery, Mark!
Yes, me too. I really need to more regularly check out ALL the categories on HST.

Well, Marksdor, I can testify that there is life after cancer, including wilderness adventures. I hope your recovery continues well and that we cross paths at TM this summer!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Markskor update: Just off the phone. He sounds great. Getting a test on monday and if he passes will be moved off the floor he is on into what sounded like some special housing for a week. Then he will return for 17 days of chemo before being released, hopefully forever. I suspect that he will have to be extremely careful about social distancing as I understand that chemo does impact ones immune system.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

Exactly. Please wish him well from all of us...and let us know if we can do anything to help.
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963