Replacing my GoLite Odyssey

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
freestone
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Replacing my GoLite Odyssey

Post by freestone »

Seek Outside is another company out of Colorado who's packs are getting alot of attention in the UL world especially for heavier loads and hunting.
Short cuts make long delays. JRR Tolkien
TurboHike
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by TurboHike »

michaelzim wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:08 am
These are the lesser known companies I have discovered so far - if anyone has others of note I would appreciate knowing of them
Seek Outside makes packs for carrying heavy loads. The Divide pack is less than 3 lbs and is 79 liters. The Unaweep 6300 is slightly more than 3.5 lbs and is a whopping 103 liters! These weights are base weights, adding accessories of course increases the weight.These are external frame packs by the way, but they get some love with heavy haulers. I use a ULA Circuit, the Seek Outside packs are much more robust than I need.

My two cents on the weight issue: upgrade the other items in your pack first, such as tent, sleeping bag, etc. Get the weight down to where you would like it, THEN buy a pack to fit your new, lighter gear. :)
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

The packs shown in Seek Outside look great. But, all the reviews seem to be from men. Not just no women's reviews, but nothing from small women. I wonder if their packs fit smaller people? The hip belt looks like it would go from my hips all the way to my arm pits! I do like the idea of an external frame with mix-and-match components.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by bobby49 »

I think that I know why large pack reviews are from men. Women are smart enough not to carry a 100L pack.