ReConn Form Posted On Recreation.gov Site

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

ReConn Form Posted On Recreation.gov Site

Post by maverick »

After several years of requesting the National Parks and National Forests to use our (Jeremy Bishop the web designer) form on their page, finally SEKI has it posted it on their recreation.gov site. \:D/ =D>
Hopefully it can save lives or bring closure for some, and no, we are not making any money on this, it was never our intention to do so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: ReConn Form Posted On Recreation.gov Site

Post by gary c. »

That's pretty cool. Congratulation on getting it done.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thanks Gary, this is great for everyone. :nod:

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

Way, way great Mav! It's pretty simple to leave a note for others to follow. Being on the website ought to make it more easy, a reminder and perhaps a no-brainer for some. Thanks for your efforts!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thanks Austex, it is.
Almost 9 years (2012) since we lost our friend/member Larry Conn to the mountains, great tribute to him!

gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

maverick wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 pm Thanks Austex, it is.
Almost 9 years (2012) since we lost our friend/member Larry Conn to the mountains, great tribute to him!
9 years? Well the hell has time gone?
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

That's great news Mav, thanks for your hard work on this.

Brings back memories of Larry as well.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Post by The Other Tom »

Thank you, Mav, for all your hard work on this. And congrats!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you Shawn and Tom.