where to post

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
Gak Icenberg
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

where to post

Post by Gak Icenberg »

haven't been here for awhile. :confused: things have changed :eek: so, Im wondering where the best place is to post for backcountry partners :nod:
when someone screws up, yell at them, they'll love it!
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: where to post

Post by hikerduane »

Welcome back, I thought I recognized your name. We really don't have a spot here. I belong to a Yahoo group, NorthCA Hiking, small group but they get up to our area like Carson Pass and I-80 area on some trips. Most of them live in Sacramento and what I call the Bay Area, so trips tend to be oriented in their direction. A Winterfest is planned for Yosemite, New Year's weekend, starting at Wawona Friday, then on to a bp trip for the weekend. Ages range from the 20's to the 60's. Very good experience level through out the ages and group. Thru hikers and minimalists, we go out year round. I want to do a multi night trip in January or February with one of them, an older guy to "test" equipment.:)
Piece of cake.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: where to post

Post by ERIC »

Gak Icenberg wrote:haven't been here for awhile. :confused: things have changed :eek: so, Im wondering where the best place is to post for backcountry partners :nod:
Not sure how I missed this post. Sorry about that...

We used to have a dedicated forum for that, but it would go months on end without any activity. So I merged the posts with other forums. As membership grows, I might consider bringing it back. But for now...

If you're looking for a partner for a particular season, or activity, post in that forum. For example, if you're looking for a fishing partner, post in the Fishing Hole. If you're looking for a backpacking partner (warm months), post in the Backpacking / Hiking / Camping forum. If you're looking for winter camaraderie, post in the Winter Sports forum.

If you're in to everything, just post in whatever forum fits the description of the next trip you'd like to find a partner in crime for. :thumbsup:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix