Forum Gathering in Mammoth??

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Snow Nymph wrote:Yes, in Mammoth. That was the storm total from the daily report. Snowman reported 20-30".

I sent an e-mail out before lunch to those interested. Still haven't heard from Parvo Pup on this trip (I don't have e-mail addy).
If it's the same email address as "Parvo Pup" on here, you should have access to that email under his profile, Snowy. :)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Parvo Pup
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by Parvo Pup »

whoops - my bad.

Snowy - had to jet cross-country on a no-notice business trip and just got back home today. My wife had tried to find someplace to stay in Mammoth while I was gone - but appears that darn near everything is still booked through this Sunday. At least everything that wouldn't require a home equity loan to pay for.

Bottom line - I will have to take a powder on this weekend's forum get together.

Sorry.

Rick.
Sometimes I have a great notion
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

That's ok! Doug couldn't find lodging either, so I figured it would be crowded this weekend again. Randonee's boss was getting in the way of this trip too, so we decided to postpone til next month.

I'm available March 11-12 and March 25-26. Last year at this time I had twice as many days on the slopes. I don't think I'll be ready for April 1st.

April 1st is the Vertical Cure Ski-a-thon, so I'll be going for vertical that day (I hold the snowboarding record now, 2 years in a row). If anyone is interested in participating or sponsoring me, let me know. The Vertical Cure event is a way to raise awareness and donations for Scleroderma, a chronic, autoimmune tissue disease that currently does not have a cure and affects 300,000 people.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Re: Forum Gathering in Mammoth??

Post by sparky »

Scatting on snow?? :-k