Sierra Fishing Inspiration Photothon

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
windknot
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sierra Fishing Inspiration Photothon

Post by windknot »

Inspired by the great Sierra pictures thread started by Maverick a year and a half ago and still going strong, I thought those of us who fish (or even those who don't fish, but who have pictures of people fishing or fish rising) could start up a similar fishing-themed photo thread. I apologize in advance if any non-fishermen feel that this thread is a bit limiting, but I hope that all of us can appreciate fishing pictures regardless of our own motivations for getting out into the mountains. Eric, if you feel this belongs in the Fishing Hole, then please feel free to move it.

Anyway, any picture with a fish, fisherman, or fishing equipment is fair game. Let's try to post one picture per day until Christmas to give us something to do during the offseason and build up anticipation for the next year!
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Re: Sierra Fishing Inspiration Photothon

Post by windknot »

I'll start with this shot of a friend fishing the inlet of a small waterfall entering a slow-moving pool:

rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Here's a little touch of gold for your thread. Caught on a dressed wyldedge red body with silver blade.
SDC12072.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Nice shot and gorgeous looking fish, Russ. After reading Patrick's comment in the other fish picture thread, I can really see the "story" told by this picture.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Golden, rainbow, or hybrid? Taken from a basin known for hybrids this past July.

PatrickQuin
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by PatrickQuin »

Wow, that's a gorgeous fish.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

well, we might as well ramp up the pics if we have all winter to wait. This was from 2006 at a lake that Markskor thinks is fishless.
HPIM0422.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Nice rainbow, Russ. I'm planning on incrementally working my way up in fish size, a quarter-inch at at a time!
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

It's rare that I get a picture of a big cruiser moving in the shallows, since usually if I see a nice fish I'm scrambling to get a cast out and don't have time to snap a picture. However, on this occasion I managed to grab a shot of this impressive fish cruising by and then hook and land him moments later.

A big rainbow in a tiny lake, July 2009:
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

rlown writes, "Well, we might as well ramp up the pics if we have all winter to wait. This was from 2006 at a lake that Markskor thinks is fishless."

Nobody is supposed to know this, but Russ usually carries a rubber fish in his pack (one of his 10 essentials?) along just for staged photos like this... Looks like the same fish (BTW, nice shot !) at Boothe too...hmmm?

Been to that lake 4 X and never saw a rise...maybe always too early though.
Happy Turkey to all.
Mark
Mountainman who swims with trout