Sierra High Route conditions

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Venturi
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Sierra High Route conditions

Post by Venturi »

Has anyone been over the Sierra High Route between Bishop Pass and Palisade Lakes this season? I'd like to know the conditions over Potluck, Cirque and Mather passes.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sierra High Route conditions

Post by copeg »

I was over Knapsack Pass a few weeks ago. At that time the gully on the north side was full of snow but could be avoided by hiking to up to the left (or down to the right). Didn't hike up towards Potluck, but from a distance could see it was spotty with snow from Barrett Lakes all the way up to the summit. I talked to some folks who had planned to hike up there and they had bailed on the plan due to snow. Again, this was a few weeks ago so much could have changed. Here's the trip report: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;