Anyone have a shuttle service recommendation

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
norak
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Anyone have a shuttle service recommendation

Post by norak »

We're planning Bishop - Kearsarge trip starting September 6 and would like to leave our car at Onion Valley and arrange to be shuttled to South Lake - can anyone recommend a reasonably priced shuttle service? We have limited time so I think hitching is probably out of the question.

Thanks!
http://noraakino.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Anyone have a shuttle service recommendation

Post by rlown »

"Bob" seems to be the guy: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3765&p=23876&hilit=bob#p23876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone might as well pin "Bob's" info on this forum for East side transportation. It sounds like lots are happy with him.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

Bob :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nilsy
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by Nilsy »

New member here. I did North Lake to South Lake a couple of weeks ago. I went to a hiking store in Bishop and asked if they knew any locals who do shuttle services. They gave me the name of a couple who does this on the side. As it turns out they live near South Lake, so it was pretty convenient for them. When I get home tonight I'll track down their name and contact info and try to figure out how to send you a PM with the info.
norak
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by norak »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Bob I'm sure provides a great service but beyond my budget. We'll try High Sierra Shuttle - is anyone familiar with them?

Thanks!
http://noraakino.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lschaaf
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by lschaaf »

East SIde Shuttle is easy. Does anyone have a suggestion for the west side. I would like to drop a car at Courtwright Reservoir, and start hiking at Roads End in Kings Canyon N.P. in late August
AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

No shuttles to courtright. There is one that goes in and out of Vermillion tho. Check Vermillion's website.

Or you could ask some crazy local and pay them for gas. I tend to spend crazy amounts of time driving all over the central Sierra on the west side. A little sweet talking might persuade me to schedule a trip from Roads End somewhere in the neighborhood of your start date.