Seeking ride to Courtright Reservoir, 9/9

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
nathanm
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Seeking ride to Courtright Reservoir, 9/9

Post by nathanm »

I'm planning to do an abbreviated version of the Sierra High Route in September, planning to start from the Courtright Reservoir east of Fresno. I'm totally inflexible on my start date--I need to get there on Sunday, September 9. I'm looking to arrange transportation to the start.

We'd be willing to hire somebody to give us a ride either from Oakland (5 hour drive each way) or the Fresno Amtrak station (≈2 hours). Our preference would be to find somebody who would be driving some or all of the trip anyway, to avoid the irony of having somebody drive 500 miles in a day so we can enjoy nature. Alternatively, if anybody is heading from Oakland to Florence Lake, Bishop, or some other trailhead no more than 20 miles from Evolution Lake on that afternoon, that would work for us as well. With that plan as well, we'd be willing to cover expenses in exchange for getting you to work around our tight schedule.

Thanks,

Nathan
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Seeking ride to Courtright Reservoir, 9/9

Post by maverick »

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to HST! Wish you luck in finding someone.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
nathanm
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Re: Seeking ride to Courtright Reservoir, 9/9

Post by nathanm »

Thanks! Apologies for my first post just being a request for help, but assuming the trip works out, I'll post a report afterward.