Rock Creek open all the way to Mosquito Flat?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
le_bruce
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Rock Creek open all the way to Mosquito Flat?

Post by le_bruce »

Hello, new user just registered so beg pardon if I'm breaking protocol or posting in the wrong spot.

Wondering if any of you friends and neighbors know whether the Rock Creek road is open all the way to final TH at Mosquito Flat?

Thanks much!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Rock Creek open all the way to Mosquito Flat?

Post by maverick »

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to HST!
Your answer lie here, scroll down to Road Status: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/inyo/ ... width=full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
le_bruce
Topix Newbie

Post by le_bruce »

Thanks for that reply, Maverick. Open all the way as of Oct 31, that is promising!

I called the dept to get an up-to-date answer. Gets a little convoluted - Inyo is responsible for only the lower portion of Rock Creek Rd, and Mono for the higher elevation portion. I called both - Inyo directed me to Mono, and Mono is automated with no info for anything beyond hwy's.

So we'll roll the dice and give it a try!
le_bruce
Topix Newbie

Post by le_bruce »

Update if anyone else is looking an answer:

Just spoke to the folks at Rock Creek Lodge - the road is open all the way to Mosquito Flat. Woooooooooot!
The hermit
Topix Regular

Post by The hermit »

Just got home from a tour of the eastside .I checked out whitney, big pine , and rock creek trail heads all open. BTW the bristlcone pine forest is open great stars up there