Pics from Baxter Pass TH to South Lake

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Pics from Baxter Pass TH to South Lake

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/554576958mQrrQo

Had a different kind of beauty out there this time of year- never did longer than a wknd in the fall. Nice trip. Hope you like the pics.
langenbacher
Topix Acquainted

Post by langenbacher »

Very nice pictures, very nice trip Everything you were concerned about seemed to work out. I wish my end of Sept. trip was so successful, and that I could take so many in-focus closeups.
I've got to do Pinchot and Mather Passes sometime - maybe when I retire :)
Baffman
Topix Regular

Post by Baffman »

Really nice. You are quite a photographer. I've done that route and I enjoyed seeing it through your lens. I can see it got a bit chilly at night. I may try to squeeze one more trip in next week. Still up in the air.
skywalker
Topix Novice

Post by skywalker »

:) all nice pics and you are a photobug. Was a fun trip with good company and the scenery, well, unbelievable everywhere we went. Personally haven't got my fill yet. Hoping for a lengthy Indian summer.
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Thanks you guys. It was a good one.
-Sooz
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Sooz..Thank you so much for posting the pictures! I sure enjoyed seeing them...they are all beautiful.. The one of the beautiful deer is so sweet.
I bet it was different this time of year..looks like you two had a really perfect trip, so glad the weather was decent. How was the Baxter Pass trail? & Gordon's pack looks hugh :eek:
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Baxter Pass trail was steep in places and did fade in and out (but easy to stay on track) but beautiful. The weather was super.
Gordon's pack actually not heavy- just big. It is a Go-lite and most of the size was due to his sleeping bag, which he just put in there (no stuff sack or anything).
:D
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

I'll look at the rest tonight! Lunch is over with now.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Finished your album! :D Would be fun to take the time off again to do the JMT! You got a lot of nice flower pics!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;