Annual HST Calendar

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Arun
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Annual HST Calendar

Post by Arun »

Was wondering if there's ever been an effort to put out an annual HST calendar (and please forgive me if there's already a link to it, just point me in the right direction). Maybe put the pics to a vote, and have members select the 12 best of each year? I'd buy one (likely more) each year if it were full of inspiring sierra landscape/sky photos. There are some supremely talented photographer/members and incredible photos on this site. Just a thought.
Asolthane
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Annual HST Calendar?

Post by Asolthane »

What an awesome idea. Are you willing to coordinate?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

It's been mentioned before but never went anywhere. Participation was pretty low in our latest photo contest so I'm not sure how much interest there is out there. Many of the photographers also sell their work and may not be willing to "donate" a photo or two to the cause. But if I'm wrong, and there is interest, I'd be willing to compile photos and produce the calendars at cost.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Arun
Topix Novice

Post by Arun »

Thank you for entertaining the idea. How about we (and by "we" I mean someone else of course, since I'm somewhat inept at all this yet...) make a thread wherein any image that is submitted is by default available for the calendar? I'm willing to help in any way I can learn how to.
Arun
Topix Novice

Post by Arun »

And case-in-point on my ineptitude... I'm still trying to simply add a pic from my computer into a reply.
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

How about any photo posted to THIS thread can be used? I'll pin it to the top.

Regarding attaching photos, below the posting window (down, and left of the Preview and Submit buttons) look for the tab titled "Upload attachment".
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Annual HST Calendar

Post by maverick »

Here's a unique one from the very remote Red Spur Basin near Kaweah Basin Eric, if you would like to use it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Arun
Topix Novice

Post by Arun »

I like the way this is going... Here's a pic I took last year. It's with my smartphone, so I don't know if it's sufficient for a calendar shot, but it makes a good desktop photo, and it's a start...

Thanks for the tutoring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

well.. this pic absolutely has to be in the calendar then!!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=101&p=2116&hilit=durkee#p2116
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

well.. this pic absolutely has to be in the calendar then!!
Autographed to you Russ. :lol:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org