Maverick, as a "view-bagger," I like this post you've created. I also appreciate the point made by "SSSdave" regarding the usual occurrence of one very best viewpoint for each peak, or set of mountains. With that in mind, I am going to try to rapidly pull out five favorite Sierra "viewpoints" and the peaks that create them:
- Clyde Mineret from the east end of Mineret Lake.
- Middle Palisade Peak and its neighbors seen from Contact pass.
- Mountains Agassiz, Winchell, Thunderbolt, and North Palisade seen one after the other when ascending Bishop Pass from the west.
- Red and White Mountain seen with winding Laurel Creek in the foreground.
- Ritter and Banner in winter from Island Pass.
Like some others, I've let my view wander to multiple peaks in most of the above viewpoints. I'll wander even further by noting the two ridges that are brilliant from both sides: first, Kaweah Peaks Ridge, and second, Sawtooth Ridge. For solitary peaks, stunning from all angles, I'd have to choose Cathedral Peak, and Michael Mineret ... and if we can count Erickson's Crags as a part of Erickson, then I'd include Mt Erickson as another "all-around" beauty! Thanks again for the post.
You must register an account and login to view the files/photos attached to this post.