Pioneer Basin?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
bagboy
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Pioneer Basin?

Post by bagboy »

I'm having a bit of trouble navigating the site, but here's a link to my photos of my trip over Mono Pass, including Pioneer Basin. The trip took place on July 13 - 17. https://randycain.smugmug.com/2017-Adve ... Mono-Pass/
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by austex »

Tha Randy. NICE photos and trip. Appreciate it
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent

Post by Wandering Daisy »

Great photos Randy. You made a lot of miles each day and very brave to use a tarp given the mosquitoes! Interesting at how things change in just a few days. I did not encounter nearly as many wildflowers as you did and the snow has really melted. I was up at Grinnell Lake years ago- your photos really motivate me to go back!

Glad you could put up so many good photos. I refuse to pay the extra to Photobucket for third party links, and in addition, my Photoshop Elements 10 quite working after the latest Windows update. So I am temporarily high and dry with respect to photos. The few I did post are not that good.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Thanks for the tour bagboy. I see you went up Laurel Creek where I had hoped to go late July but way too much snow for my own personal aesthetic style that your images reflect. Satellite shows Lower Hopkins Lake and canyon melted out sooner than any of the other Mono drainages and your tent site shows that. Laurel Creek on the satellite on the other hand other than Third Recess was the slowest. Still may be able to get a week in the second week of August just before I go up to Oregon for the eclipse and by then should be much greener and flowery, less soggy without so many harshly bright snowfields about.