TR: Sawtooth - Brewer, Great Western Divide, Sep 10-16, 2017

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Electra
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Sawtooth - Brewer, Great Western Divide, Sep 10-16,

Post by Electra »

Wonderful report! Love the improvising and resilience, a great skill in the mountains. I dreamt of the Brewer area the other night so very timely...
Dan Braun
Camp Navarro, Evergreen Lodge & SYMG
Rockyroad
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Rockyroad »

I honestly didn't even notice there were no photos! Thanks for the wonderful TR.
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by sekihiker »

Way to improvise. I've spent a lot of time in that country and reading your report was close to actually being on the trail. I loved the "relive" virtual trip. Your photos in the slide show were excellent and well chosen.

At one time, I agreed with Roper re. ducks. Now I don't let them bother me. Sometimes they help. On a recent trip to Sportsman Lake in Dinkey country, ducks helped me find better route out than the one I used to come in.

I hope you continue to take and report on extended trips like this one and your hike to Enchanted Gorge.
hobbitbook
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hobbitbook »

Thanks for your comments, @Electra, @Rockyroad, @sekihiker... especially the support for improvising. There are powerful internal forces that say to follow an itinerary :-). Straying from that took some resolve and some luck, but in truth pretty much nomatter where you go in the Sierra something's going to be outrageously beautiful.