show me your dog!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: show me your dog!

Post by rlown » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:46 am

images don't show up. looks like they aren't public viewable.
{"errorMessage":"[NotFound] Unable to resize photoscaler-target.cloud.prod.meetup.com/highres_495566278.jpeg and upload to photoscaler-target.cloud.prod.meetup.com/photos/event/6/6/a/6/highres_495566278.jpeg due to an error: NoSuchKey: The specified key does not exist."}

LincolnB
Topix Novice

Post by LincolnB » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:31 am

I gather that I can't post photos directly, I have to link to a website? I uploaded the dog photos to an unrelated site I manage, then deleted - but I guess they have to stay up to stay viewable here? Trying again:

Shasta:
SF East Bay, looking toward Mission Peak. She also joins me in the Sierras, whenever I'm not on parkland. Which unfortunately for her is a lot, because that's where most of the peaks are.

Driving the back roads is fun too:

rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:34 am

Works now! Thanks! Nice athletic dog... My JRT would have just jumped off the rock. You can upload jpegs directly to HST, but your solution works.

LincolnB
Topix Novice

Post by LincolnB » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:45 pm

How does one upload a jpeg? I don't see that under FAQ. And my next speaker is going to wonder why his engineering presentation includes dog photos -

rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:43 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15593&p=117228&hili ... le#p117228
It is the upload attachment button in the full editor at the middle bottom of the screen. I think the size is still at 2MB per pic.

Harlen
Topix Fanatic

Post by Harlen » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm

LincolnB writes:
She also joins me in the Sierras, whenever I'm not on parkland. Which unfortunately for her is a lot, because that's where most of the peaks are.
I think Schmalz and Callie found an great mountain up in Laurel Creek.
Good luck with a great-looking dog.