Question: W. Fork Cherry Creek

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
frax
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Question: W. Fork Cherry Creek

Post by frax »

This was mentioned in a water crossing thread, has anyone been to this part of the creek near Bourland lately? How's it flowing? I'm interested in water levels, but for available water to filter for drinking.

Thanks for any updates
LightBulb
Topix Novice

Re: Question: W. Fork Cherry Creek

Post by LightBulb »

It's getting low. I was just there for nine days ending Sunday 7/5 and the flows are dropping quickly. Depending on how soon you go you will get low flows to trickle/no flows.

Finding water wont be a problem later but you will have to find the sinkholes and it will have a lot of pollen in it.
frax
Topix Newbie

Re: Question: W. Fork Cherry Creek

Post by frax »

LightBulb wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:42 pm It's getting low. I was just there for nine days ending Sunday 7/5 and the flows are dropping quickly. Depending on how soon you go you will get low flows to trickle/no flows.

Finding water wont be a problem later but you will have to find the sinkholes and it will have a lot of pollen in it.
9 days out sounds amazing. Thanks for the info!
I won't be out there for another week or two so might not see much flow then...