Picture of Golden Lake

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
cowboypacker
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Picture of Golden Lake

Post by cowboypacker »

I am looking for a picture of Golden Lake above Mono Creek. I am researching to see if I can descend down the back mountain from the Hilton Lake Basin. I have been to the top above the Hilton Lakes and it opens to a flat plateau above Golden Lake. Due to declining daylight I could not go further to see the decent into Golden Lake. I would like to make a loop via the Hiltons and over returning via Pioneer Basin and Mono pass to the trailhead at Mosquito Flats. Not sure if I could decend to the lake, but topo wise it looks doable. Thanks for any info.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Picture of Golden Lake

Post by maverick »

HI Cowboypacker

Welcome.
I do not have a picture of Half-Moon Pass, but I found a picture taken of Golden
Lake from it.
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~rlilly/High_ ... _Pass.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is a class 3 and is steep especially on the western side where there is a small
chute as I remember that is to be done by an experienced backpacker only.