Yosemite Summit Stone By DSD

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
oldraven
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Yosemite Summit Stone By DSD

Post by oldraven »

Hello All,
I've just come aboard. Thanks Eric.
I wanted to ask if anyone has heard or found a "Summit Stone"?
I put a message on one other site but no one seems to have seen this before? I was up on the Budd Lake trail in Yosemite and while hiking in discovered this painted rock. It is a very nice little item and was put in a ziploc bag with a small book of quotes called "An Adventure Muse" which is full of wonderful outdoor adventure quotes. It says inside that the "Summit Stone" is for "you" the person who finds this I guess.
I have been taken by this little thing and the experience of finding it. Never have I seen anything like this. I asked a few people on the trail that day, some who were likely climbing on Cathedral, but they were as surprised as I. I've got a good curiosity up now about this and "DSD". Anyone else heard of this kind of thing.
oldraven
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by oldraven »

I have been keeping up with this DSD here:

http://summitstonesadventuremusings.blogspot.com/