TR: Four days in the Ritter Range

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
xiainx
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

TR: Four days in the Ritter Range

Post by xiainx »

Hey folks,

Thanks for all the positive feedback on my JMT trip report that I posted here last week. Immediately after that trip, I went out for four more days in the Ritter Range. I decided to write it up as well. If you're interested in reading, you can find the report here: https://macdonaldiain.wordpress.com/201 ... roduction/

Enjoy!
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Four days in the Ritter Range

Post by Harlen »

Thanks a lot for the Trip Report- though I found it on the other site of yours. You have taken some really fine photos! The route maps, photos, and descriptions were very nicely done. It sounds as though you guys made short work of some challenging routes.

BTW, that mountain in the distance- seen from Volcanic Ridge- was Red Slate. Abbot and BC Spire are higher peaks, and in the same direction, but Red Slate always stands out, because it is so much higher than the peaks around it. Great trip you guys did! Again- brilliant photos!
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by cgundersen »

Hi Ian,
I'll second Harlen's comments and add that at the rate you're going, you'll soon be doing the all consuming trips that Roguephotonic and Alpine Mike have posted. Their TRs are also great sources of info on obscure routes and climbs.
Cameron
jeremiahkim
Topix Regular

Post by jeremiahkim »

Another really enjoyable report. Was just in Ediza/Garnet/Thousand Island last week so fun to follow along your route. Thanks for sharing!
maiathebee
Topix Expert

Post by maiathebee »

Nice report and beautiful photos from one of my favorite areas! Thanks for sharing. I did a very similar trip (without the peaks but including Nydiver Lakes & Whitebark Pass a few years back, and am *hopefully* headed up on that same route again next week with some first-time x-c hikers, if the Ferguson fire smoke doesn't cancel our plans.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love