What Features Would You Like?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
trav867
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: What Features Would You Like?

Post by trav867 »

Regarding my previous post, perhaps a sticky topic in the weather section with a link here: http://www.skimountaineer.com/MtnWebCam ... l?size=med" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a better idea.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Oh, one thing I forgot but keep wanting: an easily accessible global search. I think I asked for that before, and you sent me a link that I keep having to refer back to (I could search for it, but ... :p ), but it would be nice if there were a "search forums" link on the main index page.

-B²

PS: I am highly honored to have had my nick used as an example of how to include special characters... :)
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

BSquared wrote:Oh, one thing I forgot but keep wanting: an easily accessible global search. I think I asked for that before, and you sent me a link that I keep having to refer back to (I could search for it, but ... :p ), but it would be nice if there were a "search forums" link on the main index page.

-B²
Done.
BSquared wrote:PS: I am highly honored to have had my nick used as an example of how to include special characters... :)
It was a perfect example!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

Hi Eric et al,

I know we've got a lot of categories in the Board Index, but it would sure be nice to have some type of "recipe/food" category. I know there have been recipes posted in the past, but they kinda get lost. It could also be a place to post what foods work well, are easy to prepare, that can be found on the trail, etc.

Oh... and while I have your attention, I just wanted to say what a great board this is, and that your work is appreciated! :nod:

Rosie
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

Rosabella wrote:I know we've got a lot of categories in the Board Index, but it would sure be nice to have some type of "recipe/food" category.
I was thinking of doing just that the other day. We get enough discussion on the subject that it's worth a shot. :thumbsup:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Eric,
Do we need some kind of dispensation to view the food/recipe forum? Every time I try, even when I'm logged on I'm not allowed to view it.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

I have that problem, too. Something needs attention, I think.

-B²
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Bill,
Maybe Eric is try to exclude old farts?

mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

oldranger wrote:Bill,
Maybe Eric is try to exclude old farts?

mike
likewise it says I "do not have the neccesary permission" to view this category -
am I am only medium old
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

I set the permissions, so you folks should be able to access the forum now. Let use know if your still having problems...