Sierra Fall Colors 2021

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sierra Fall Colors 2021

Post by maverick »

Colors are starting to look good along all forks of Bishop Creek, Virginia Lakes, Sagehen Summit, and Dunderberg Meadows. If any of these locations above 9000' are on your list, you should consider going up this weekend or sometime next week. Forecast is calling for cool temps and breezy weather, which will impact any photography. Also, keep in mind that smokey conditions may also impact any photography.

https://www.californiafallcolor.com/
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
dave54
Founding Member

Re: Sierra Fall Colors 2021

Post by dave54 »

I am pretty busy raking up a lot of Fall colors in my yard.

I planted several varieties of maples, ash, box elder, and honey locusts 30 years ago, thinking I would have nice Fall colors.
I do have nice color for about 2 weeks per year. Then I curse my tree planting decisions for the next month. ;)
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Sierra Fall Colors 2021

Post by rlown »

Fruit trees. Doing 3 peach tree plants this Fall. I want the fruit. Have a mulberry tree next to my trailer. Birds love them. So does my dog. :) Pulling out the Maples and Redwoods my mom planted. They don't live well in the Sac valley.
A riding mower makes quick work of the leaves, including the eucalyptus crap.

Mom used to rake the stuff up, but with two bags hanging off her after cancer and she's 81, It isn't a good idea.
Pre mow before big rain happens soon.