WEATHER ALERT FOR THE WEEK OF 10/18

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

WEATHER ALERT FOR THE WEEK OF 10/18

Post by maverick »

The storm door may be opening starting next weekend; please check the weather reports diligently if you have a trip planned that extends into the weekend or the following week.

NWS:
The forecast looks to get a little more interesting as we head into late next week. Ensemble guidance is generally showing a more robust system approaching the west coast by next Friday. How exactly this system unfolds as we head into next weekend is unclear at this time though, but it could lead to unsettled weather for the region.

Windy.com:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: WEATHER ALERT FOR THE WEEK OF 10/18

Post by SSSdave »

If Tahoe receives the potential 2 to 3 feet of snow it will be the first time since 2012 with potential early November skiing.
dave54
Founding Member

Re: WEATHER ALERT FOR THE WEEK OF 10/18

Post by dave54 »

Time for the semi-annual tire swap, get the snow blower ready, bring some firewood over...

And download more books on the kindle.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Possible Bomb Cyclone Hitting Us This Weekend

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org