Account reinstatement

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
JayOtheMountains
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Account reinstatement

Post by JayOtheMountains »

Can a board admin or moderator with the ability to restore an account please PM me?

I created this account to perhaps get my primary account reinstated. I've tried to contact using the preferred method listed all over, but haven't had access for three weeks.

I posted in a spam thread and I think that a heavy whack-a-mole happened with the banz hammer. I'd like to continue posting under my actual handle rather than start anew here. Kind of perturbed that this happened.
Last edited by JayOtheMountains on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Account reinstatement

Post by maverick »

PM sent
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
JayOtheMountains
Topix Acquainted

I enjoy the feature where I need x posts to be able to PM people
JayOtheMountains
Topix Acquainted

](*,) So, I'm just going to post here
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

My deepest apologies that this has happened. More than frustrating I'm sure, but mistakes do happen when trying to control the influx of spam on the board and unfortunately your account ended up on the wrong side of one this time :( .

Let's see how best we can move forward from this - it looks as though your last account (along with posts) was deleted. For now, what we can do is bootstrap off of this new account in our attempts to restore the original - this means editing the email/username for this account. The previous posts from your last account may be laying around somewhere in a backup, but may be quite difficult to retrieve (if a backup that old can be found at all) - should I be able to carve out some time in the coming days I will look into it.

I will follow up with an email used to register the 'AccidentalDeletion' for information/details to make these changes happen