HST Gear Swap - Make Visible to Non-Members too?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
michaelzim
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

HST Gear Swap - Make Visible to Non-Members too?

Post by michaelzim »

Mods...Did a search on this and found nothing.

Suggestion: Make the Gear Swap thread visible even if not logged in.

This makes sense to me as how can one offer this suggestion from the posting guidelines (below) if only "logged in" people can see the thread in the first place???
* Discounts for HST members encouraged but not required.
By definition, one can only be logged in if a member, so only members will see the thread!

Also, I do not always log in myself when skimming through the site to see what is new, so forget that the Gear Swap exists for the most part as it does not show up. I see no sound reason for "hiding" it.

Thanks ~ Michaelzim