Tapatalk?

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Tapatalk?

Post by zacjust32 »

I know there was a lot of work done a few years ago to get HST to where we are today, and during that time Tapatalk access was removed. Has there been any discussion on bringing that back? I'm sure there's a lot of us who would use it. I'm sure the admins could look back amd see exactly how much traffic came through Tapatalk and whether it's worth it. I use it for other groups and it's nice to get alerts through the app and whatnot. TIA
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Tapatalk?

Post by copeg »

Thanks for the feedback. Its a bit of a long story but suffice it to say there is not much we can do at the moment. Tapatalk is a 3rd party tool, and providing support is up to them. My understanding is that the extension they provided has not been maintained in many years (during which time the board software has undergone several revisions), and even then had its issues with support as well as security. Long story short until they can provide a functional extension that passes validation there's not much we can do. Will try and keep ear to ground to listen for any efforts to resurrect the extension on their part

I know tapatalk may have a few extra features, but back in the day my understanding was mainly used to interact with forums on mobile devices. A few years back we did put in the effort upgrade and modify the board software to be 'responsive', meaning the layout should be reasonably usable on all devices (at least a lot better than before the updates).