stop by & say hello

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: stop by & say hello

Post by Silky Smooth »

Thanks !!! It would be great to meet you :) We will be open till 8pm by then. Love to pick your brain on fishing stuff. The meadows look great right now, with all the irises out. Flows are still high right now in the rivers.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

Thanks for the note. I guess I messed up and said "29th" without specifying that it would 29th of July, so it will be a month from now.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular

Post by Silky Smooth »

Sounds good! We will be here. Fishing is getting much better I hear and you'll just make the walker river fish derby :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular

Post by Silky Smooth »

If anyone is going to be up in Tuolumne on Sun morning at 9am stop by Climber Coffee with the Climbing Rangers. Since we can't be there hiking and climbing in Tuolumne, Blackout and I from Coachwhip Cafe are donating pastries and treats for everyone to enjoy! Go have fun. Word on the street its Verve coffee.

Harlen, it was soo nice to see you again and meet Lizzie and Wolfie :)
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Likewise, great to meet up with you both too. Spectacular scenery, and the best meal we are likely to have in our months of traveling. Your coffee is surely the best, and Potent! It got us all the way to a sunset camp with a great view of the Ruby Mountains. Your place is the best! Ian and Lizzie.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic

Post by cgundersen »

Dang; my wife and I seldom make it any further North than Lee Vining. Now we have a good reason to push the envelope. It sounds great and if you can seduce a gourmand like Ian, well, what can one say? Cameron
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular

Post by Silky Smooth »

We used to be the same way, staying between Lone Pine and Tuolumne. We're spoiled with high country access in Lone Pine with 3 ways in. Since we bought the property and opened the restaurant, we have discovered and rediscovered some wonderful places from Sonora to Monitor pass. Really good hiking options around Sonora, lots of places to explore. Great climbing up at the pass! So many cracks and some bolted golden knob sport routes Tuolumne style. Still don't have the patience to fish but one day I will.

The farm to table greens and produce that is coming in right now is amazing! We put out a little farm to table menu in addition to the regular menu. Please stop by and say hello and tell me about your adventures :)

Ian has a world class palette :) I never thanked Lizzie for those awesome plums and cabbage, thanks again!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Niko
Check your messages

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Regarding Niko and Liane's eastern Sierra "Coachwhip Cafe" cgunderson wrote:
It sounds great and if you can seduce a gourmand like Ian...
To consider me a "gourmand" is a bit of an overshoot, unless one considers the Gran Marnier over snow part of my alpine diet. As I wrote in the 'Your Appetite while Backpacking post":
On mountain trips I have long been baffled by my lack of appetite for anything other than dinner, which for over 30 years has consisted of ramen noodles.... Breakfast and lunch I mainly eat to lighten my pack, and under the old assumption that I am burning a lot of calories.
I only become a gourmand at the Coachwhip Cafe, where it is impossible not to be.

p.s. Lizzie and I pulled up at the Coachwhip on July 5th. We looked about, and all we found for life was a Robin with its beak filled with fine blackberries. So, even the wildlife eats well at the Coachwhip Cafe! Sorry we missed you.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.