looking for a partner for the Sierra High Route in August

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
vbud
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

looking for a partner for the Sierra High Route in August

Post by vbud »

I've been doing sections of the PCT this summer but am increasingly thinking I'd like to spend August doing something like the Sierra High Route that has a significant off-trail component. Since there's a lot of off-trail on the SHR I'd like to find a hiking partner, if possible.

I'm open to doing a section or the whole thing. Honestly, I'm open to any route with some off-trail in the high sierra.

August is ideal but I do have some flexibility. September or even October could work too.
Bishop_Bob
Topix Regular

Re: looking for a partner for the Sierra High Route in August

Post by Bishop_Bob »

I'm planning to be out there AUG 19-AUG24. I don't know if that's too short a time for you. I have no agenda yet
vbud
Topix Novice

Post by vbud »

Hi Bob, apparently my notifications were not setup correctly so I just saw this! Saw your DM too but I do not have permission to compose direct messages :/.

That time frame might work for me to do a section of it. Perhaps the SHR section from Darwin Bench to roughly Tully Hole, exiting McGee pass. Let me know if you are still interested.
Bishop_Bob
Topix Regular

Post by Bishop_Bob »

OK, I will DM a little later. I’m in transit from a successful Sierra trip right now.
vbud
Topix Novice

Post by vbud »

Sounds good.
Radar
Topix Newbie

Post by Radar »

Not sure if you will get this. If you are looking to do the SHR again or at all. I would like to plan a trip in 2024. you can contact me on here or on my mobile number 310-743-5062
vbud
Topix Novice

Post by vbud »

Hi Radar, not sure about my plans yet for 2024. I did some SHR last year, planning to do some more this year. I'll definitely do some kind of off-trail stuff in the Sierra in 2024, even if it's not SHR. For 2024 I'll get in touch with you later this year.
Bishop_Bob
Topix Regular

Post by Bishop_Bob »

@vbud, I sent you a PM, but it appears stalled in my outbox, so I don't if it was sent to you.